Pernod Ricard’s Tequila Avión Reserva 44 just-drinks.com (subscription)
Pernod Ricard has launched a “super-premium” Tequila in the US under its Tequila Avión brand. Only 744 bottles of the Reserva 44 will be available, each…
Jose Cuervo agrees Russian Standard distribution The Spirits Business
The vodka group’s Russian distribution arm Roust Inc, will now handle Jose Cuervo’s entire Tequila portfolio in the country, including Jose Cuervo Especial …
9, 2013 — /PRNewswire/ — After a nationwide contest to find the most artistic and inspiring barrel art creation from 80 uniquely handcrafted pieces of art, Tequila …
The Renaissance of Spirits – Tequila – GrapeRadio GrapeRadio Bunch
What’s this? A show about…tequila? Well, tequila may have more in common with wine growing and wine making than you might imagine. The rules for where …
Herradura’s Tequila With A French Accent Cigar Aficionado
The other shoe has fallen in Herradura Tequila’s Colección de la Casa with the introduction of a Cognac-finished spirit to match its Port-finish that debuted in …
Tequila Avion expands product portfolio with new Avion Reserva 44 Drinks Business Review
Tequila Avion president Jenna Fagnan said that Tequila Avion has become the fastest growing ultra-premium tequila on the market and it’s due to Ken’s …
Producing tequila is an exhaustive and expensive process. It takes about 12 years for a blue agave plant to actually produce the fructose necessary to make tequila.
In 2007, 20 per cent of Mexico’s blue agave yield was crippled by disease and many farmers turned their back on the crops because they were too costly. Many burned down their crops, destroying fields upon fields of precious potential tequila.
But don’t despair. Major producers have been stocking up in preparation for the shortage. Though this means that when the shortage hits, prices will soar.
And even as farmers start to replant their fields, it will take 12 years for those crops to yield.
Advent calendar of Christmas drinks, day 6 Telegraph.co.uk
Tequila is one of the world’s great spirits and once you start experimenting with aged products, you’ll discover it’s as complex as a whisky or brandy.
We have many favourites but in today’s advent calendar window bring you Ocho, a 100% agave spirit from the Camarena family, who produce the stunning Tapatio tequila. Tequila aficionado Tomas Estes, who runs London’s Café Pacifico restaurant, also worked on the Ocho tequilas, which uses the fermented juice of agaves from a single field, giving each run a vintage quality.
A reposado must spend at least two months in a barrel and as a result the rustic edges of the spirit have been rounded to make this a great sipping tequila – or equally useful in cocktails
For many years tequila, in my mind, was inextricably linked to the ritualistic, and slightly gross, party routine of salt on the back of the hand, lick it, swig some …
Agave Smackdown: Tequila vs Mezcal | Tasting Notes Mardi Miskit New York, NY
Tequila vs Mezcal. December 4, 2013. Do you still think of Mezcal as the worm-infused cousin of Tequila? Did you know that tequila is …
- Julius Cherrie on Salon Hecho: This Cantina Knows a Good Cocktail
- Baja Berger on Tijuana Tequila Expo 9-13 Oct 2013
- Baja Berger on A Visit to Casa Noble Tequila
- Baja Berger on National Tequila Day at Cafe Coyote
- Baja Berger on A New Orleans Bar Tale and An Indoor Picnic
- Marya Vina on Getting tipsy on tequila at Lime XS
- Baja Berger on Tequila Tapatio Launches in Los Angeles
- Baja Berger on Cocktail recipes to celebrate Nat’l Tequila Day
- Jacqui Lenord on Bertha vintage tequila cocktail recipe
- Alica Ogans on Beam 3Q earnings rise on sales of new brands
- Norma Cain on Spirits of Mexico Festival to be Held in Old Town San Diego: Largest …
- Bruce Milligan on Vancouver International Tequila Expo ready to cause a buzz
- Baja Berger on Tequila Herradura Releases Limited-Edition Port Cask Finish Reposado
- Baja Berger on Photo Release — Azunia Tequila’s Athlete Sunny Garcia Wins International …
- Baja Berger on One Tequila Two Tequila Three Tequila More… Beverage Media …