The 2014 Spirits of Mexico winners have been announced! There is a huge list of winners in both tequila and mezcal this year…
Herradura Featured from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm October 11th and 25th
…the tequila experts at La Fogata are serving a witch’s brew of spooky spirits for you to enjoy. Learn a few tricks about tequila while treating yourself to one of La Fogata’s award-winning margaritas during their free October tequila tasting on Saturday, October 11th and 25th… For more information on La Fogata, visit www.lafogata.com or call 210-340-1337.
Mexican Spirits You’ve Never Heard Of Yahoo Food
Three agave-based imports are riding the wave of upscale tequilas and … as the premium-tequila market has exploded, leading to high-volume production methods, they want what made it cool originally: its artisanal pedigree. Bacanora, sotol, and raicilla are “as handcrafted as you get: agave cut by hand, roasted in an earthen oven,”…
Life is a FIESTA with ¡LUCINDA! ⋅ Lucinda Hutson, Author of ¡Viva Tequila!
Tequila, Mexico’s beloved national spirit, is made from the magical maguey plant, a large Agave with formidable pencas (spiked leaves) that often …
Dinero, tequila y amor, ¡No hay otra cosa mejor!
*Chili Tequila – Add 3 chopped birds eye chilis to a 750 ml bottle of blanco tequila. Store in fridge for 12-24 hours. When you are happy with the level …
5 Drinks You Need to Celebrate Mexican Independence Day TravelPulse (blog)
Mexican Independence Day fell on September 16, but the parties began on the night of Sept. 15 when Mexicans and visitors alike gather in bars, streets, restaurants and resorts across the country for the famous “Grito de Independencia” (Independence Cry). And the celebration continues all through the month…
Dazed & Diffused: More on the Diffuser in Tequila Production -… tequilaaficionado.com
We briefly tackled the diffuser controversy earlier in 2014 with The Diffusor in Tequila Production: Are They Cheating? Delve deeper into the rabbit hole.
Following a well-earned summer hiatus, the popular Agave Girls series has returned to Sausalito’s Copita Tequileria y Comida. On Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm, join PBS Chef Joanne Weir, author of Tequila: A Guide to Types, Flights, Cocktails, and Bites, for an evening of tasting and talking about Corralejo Tequila.
Free Coffee; Tequila Dinner; Hired Guns (Atlanta)
CABBAGETOWN — Agave is celebrating its 14th anniversary with a five-course tequila dinner on Tuesday, October 14. Limited seating is available, and the meal costs $79, plus tax and gratuity, per person. Reservations can be made on the restaurant’s website. [EaterWire]
Phoenix Artists Team up With Tequila Herradura for Custom Barrel Art Competition Phoenix New Times (blog)
Each artists was provided with a barrel head (the wooden end or lid of a barrel) from Tequila Herradura’s distillery in Jalisco, Mexico, and asked to …
As the Arizona Taco Festival gears up for its return to Salt River Fields on Saturday and Sunday, October 18 and 19, organizers of the event are teaming up with Mexico-based Tequila Herradura to host a Valley-wide art competition.
- Baja Berger on Constellation Brands Purchase Casa Noble Tequila
- Baja Berger on Why Tequila Deserves More Respect
- Stephanie on Salon Hecho: This Cantina Knows a Good Cocktail
- Baja Berger on Mezcal: Tequila’s wild, artisanal cousin
- Baja Berger on Baron Tequila is Making a Splash with Judges
- Phil Benham on Frida Kahlo Tequila Dinner at Old Town Mexican Cafe 19 Feb 2014
- Baja Berger on Tequila Cultural Expedition 24 Feb – 1 Mar 2014
- Baja Berger on Azuñia Tequila Racing Wins Truck Class
- Julius Cherrie on Salon Hecho: This Cantina Knows a Good Cocktail
- Baja Berger on Tijuana Tequila Expo 9-13 Oct 2013
- Baja Berger on A Visit to Casa Noble Tequila
- Baja Berger on National Tequila Day at Cafe Coyote
- Baja Berger on A New Orleans Bar Tale and An Indoor Picnic
- Marya Vina on Getting tipsy on tequila at Lime XS
- Baja Berger on Tequila Tapatio Launches in Los Angeles